Proxy configurations for connecting to a server or blob
Domain allowlisting is a feature that is now available on myDRE. As the name implies, domains on the allowlist can be accessed from within the Workspace (you can request specific domain on the allowlist via a ticket to your local support team member). For domain allowlisting, a proxy needs to be configured. All VMs are now automatically configured to use the proxy. However, some applications require a specific configuration to be added.
Connect to Server via browser from within the Workspace
- Open a VM.
- Navigate to Settings in the startmenu > Network & Internet > Proxy > Manual proxy setup.
- If you need to connect to another VM in the Workspace, for instance because you have a VM functioning as Galaxy, RedCap server, RStudio Server, you will have to add the IP address of the VM to the exception address box. You can separate the entries with a semicolon (;). You can find the IP address of the VM below the VM (Private IP: xx.xxx.xx).
- Make sure the box Don't use the proxy server for local (intranet) adresses is checked.
- Do not delete the 220.127.116.11 address: it will make your Z: and I: drive invisible.
- Press Save.
Using blob storage
- Follow the instructions above.
- Add blob.core.windows.net to the exceptions address box.
- Press Save.
Manual proxy configurations
VMs are automatically configured to use the proxy, however if this is not the case, please find below how to manually configure the proxy.
- Manually configure proxy settings by navigating Settings in the startmenu > Network & Internet > Proxy > Manual proxy setup.
- Switch use a proxy server to On.
- Enter http://proxy.mydre.org and port 3128.
- Add 169.254.169.254 in exception addresses and select Don't use the proxy server for local (intranet) addresses.
Newly deployed Linux VMs do not currently need manual proxy configurations. If you are not able to reach whitelisted domains, please run the commands written below:
- Run the following command or run it as a script:
cat > /etc/environment << EOF
- Log out of the machine and log back in and configurations should be ready.
On the myDRE platform different types of Linux virtual machines (VMs) are available. CentOS 7.5 Ubuntu 20 (for GPU usage) Ubuntu 22 By default, Linux VMs have no connection to the outside world, so cannot be directly ssh'ed into like a Windows VM. ...
Version: 2022-11-14 Updated: 2023-03-25 This service is available to Accountables and Privileged members of a workspace. Blob storage in myDRE is restricted to the context of one workspace What is Azure Blob storage? Azure Blob storage is optimized ...
R/RStudio installation using domain allowlisting
Introduction For general domain allowlisting setup, please read more here. Certain software might need manual proxy configurations to be set in the software settings, before the software is able to reach domains through a proxy. In this article we ...
Proxy configurations Anaconda / miniConda
version: 2022-10-31 Introduction For general domain whitelisting setup, please read more here. Certain software might need manual proxy configurations to be set in the software settings, before the software is able to reach domains through a proxy. ...
Domains to be whitelisted/allowlisted
version: 2022-11-01 updated: 2023-23-03 Introduction This is a community effort, if you experience issues, see mistakes/updates, or have other applications that you do know what to allowlist, please send a ticket to your Support Team. Together we can ...