Though it is possible to edit the downloaded RDP-file for multi-monitor support, it is a bit of a pain to do it every time.
If you have more than two monitors, two might suffice and the other(s) can be used for searching on internet, or other applications on your own computer.
The solution we have, is either:
- batch script
- powershell script
The zip file contains instructions on how to set it up on your computer. Most organizations do allow powershell scripts to run.
Once setup, the workflow will be:
- Download the RDP-file as usual.
- Press the link on windows task bar.
- Normal RDP-client dialogue appears and once completed:
- Downloaded RDP-file is deleted (reduces the clutter in your downloads).
- If you have two or more monitors, the VM is available on two monitors, leaving additional ones for other work.
If you have only one monitor, that monitor will be used.
RDP files for MacOS users can be opened with Microsoft Remote Desktop. Microsoft Remote Desktop can be downloaded for free from the Apple Store.
- Start up the VM.
- Once the VM is running, double click on the VM to download the RDP file. Don't open the RDP file yet!
- Start up the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on your Mac and click on the gear icon.
- Choose “import from RDP file…”
- Select the RDP file from your Downloads folder.
- Click on “Import”.
- By default, you are on the Workspaces tab in Microsoft Remote Desktop, switch to PCs.
- Click on the pencil next to the “dwsxxxyyyserverz (n)”.
- Select the “Display” tab.
- For security reasons, the screenshot does not display the IP address, but this will automatically be filled in once you select it.
- Check the box for “Use all monitors”.
- Click on “Save”.
- Now you can double click on your added PC to connect.
If you have a solution that also works, let us know and we'll update this article.
Navigating through support.mydre.org
anDREa makes use of ZohoDesk Enterprice version. This enables you to configure the following items. Please read the information about these changes below carefully. Creating tickets for users Users can create new DRE tickets through the ‘Add ticket’ ...
DRE support out-of-office during holiday period
During the holiday break period from December 24th until January 7th, all (Core) Support Team members as well as anDREa support will be (partially) out-of-office. This means that your tickets will not be processed straight away. Tickets will be ...
Why is my support.mydre.org account different from my @mydre.org account?
We get this question regularly now and here is why: Your @mydre.org account may look like an e-mail address, but it is not. It has no e-mail functionality and it is strictly your username on the mydre.org platform. For support.mydre.org however, you ...
For all AUMC, EMC and UMCU workspaces: access to software using the Radboudumc license servers (e.g. Stata, Matlab, SPSS, Atlas.ti or anything that needs a license and is installed from the Install DRE applications manager) has been revoked from ...
Managing and monitoring your VM
From within the myDRE web portal, you can find a Manage and monitor VM menu that provides links directly to your VM in the Azure portal and Azure app. Within the Azure portal or app, you can start, stop and reset the VM, as well as analyze its ...